Two weeks ago, before I left New-Jersey, my friends threw me a little farewell party. It was bittersweet to say goodbye to nineteen years of friendship. One of them made some delicious lamb meatball with mint yogurt sauce which I really enjoyed. I called her this morning, and she gladly shared her recipe with me. After a small trip to the supermarket to get the lamb, I made these meatballs for dinner, they brought back memories of a beautiful evening with great friends. Enjoy!
Lamb meatballs with mint yogurt sauce
2/3-pound ground lamb
3 stalks parsley
1 Teaspoon dried Fresh Oregano
2 Teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 Teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper
1 pinch cinnamon
3 Tablespoons oil
1-1/4 Cups yogurt
1 clove garlic
3 stalks Fresh Mint
- Place the ground lamb meat into a bowl. Peel and finely dice the shallot. Wash the parsley, shake dry and finely chop the leaves. Add the shallot, parsley, oregano, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to the meat and mix well.
- Form into 12 small balls.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a frying pan and fry the meatballs on all sides until cooked through.
- For the sauce, mix the yogurt with the rest of the oil. Peel and finely chop the garlic and add to the yogurt. Wash the mint and shake dry. Pick off and finely chop the leaves and stir into the yogurt. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the meatballs with the minted yogurt sauce.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. It is from one of my Jersey besties, and I already miss her.
Have a blessed week and remember to share your thoughts with me